CBD Oil For Sale - Top 12 Considerations Before You BuyHere you will find insider knowledge of what to consider when buying CBD Oil for sale whether you are a first time buyer or have been buying for years. Whereas as the United States, Europe and Canada currently represent the largest markets for CBD Oil consumers, this article will provide perspective based on these regions. As more countries legalize the use of CBD oil, we will update you with that information here. These top 12 factors for CBD Oil purchases are in no particular order of importance.
1. PurityThe main purity definition you need to be concerned with CBD oil for sale has to do with the level of contaminants in the product. These contaminants can include herbicides and pesticides, heavy metals, residual solvents used in processing, and microbial contaminants. If the product is organically grown, there is less chance of pesticide, herbicide and heavy metal contaminants. Processing that uses solvents such as butane or ethanol can have residual solvent in the final product but usually not. How do you know for sure what the contaminant levels are for the product you are buying? Every reputable provider of CBD oil will have their products tested by a third party testing lab and provide documentation in the form of a Certificate of Analysis or COA. As you can see with the sample COA at right, analysis of contaminants is provided. The other purity factor to be aware of is what other chemicals, additives or fillers are used in addition to the base CBD oil in order to create a product. You can determine this by looking at the product label. Most CBD oil products contain the base CBD hemp oil plus a carrier oil such as hemp seed oil. Others use olive oil or coconut oil for example. Beware that coconut oil cannot be used in it’s natural state because of it’s changing form due to temperature – it becomes solid at 76 degrees F (24 C). In order for coconut oil to be used as a carrier oil it needs to be synthesized and combined with palm oil to create a man-made product called MCT oil (medium-chain triglycerides). So if you are buying a CBD oil product with MCT oil, you are getting an additive that is not in it’s natural state and is a man-made chemical. In addition to different carrier oils, some products will add other ingredients, fillers and chemicals to their formula. These products tend to cost less because the product is filled with ingredients that are less expensive than the carrier oil itself. See product label below for an example of this and one without.
2. Hemp SourceWhere is the hemp grown and processed? If you are in the U.S., you will typically see CBD Oil for sale that is grown in the U.S. or Europe. Naturally, if you reside in the U.S. you may have a bias toward buying a “local” CBD oil where the Hemp is grown in one of the 33 hemp growing states. According to Westword, “Colorado accounts for nearly a third of the legal hemp acreage in the country in 2017, at 7,500 acres. Oregon (3,469), North Dakota (3,020), Kentucky (3,000) and New York (2,000) rounded out the top five.” Some European CBD Oil producers have distribution centers in the U.S. so they can readily ship to U.S. consumers. If so, shipping times to you are comparable to that of U.S. sourced companies. Whereas hemp CBD Oil is perishable and can decay over time, the added original shipping time from Europe to the U.S. could be a consideration for product freshness but usually is not because; according to Echo Connection, “an unopened CBD oil product will typically stay fresh for about a year if stored properly. Once opened, CBD hemp oil will maintain its cannabinoid content and freshness for about six months, provided it’s kept away from extreme conditions (heat, light, etc.).” Note that European CBD oil providers that are marketing products in the U.S. will not come out and tell you their product is sourced in Europe. You have to dig for that information a bit. Is CBD Oil with hemp grown in the U.S. better than that grown in Europe? Based on our research, there are no definitive studies showing one “better” than the other so we would love to have any empirical data you can provide that would shed light on this. Bottom line though, a valid third party COA for any product regardless of the country of origin will show you the evidence you need with the scientific testing for purity and potency.
3. PotencyPotency of CBD Oil is determined by the amount of CBD in the product in mg. For full spectrum oils, the CBD content can range from 100mg up to roughly 2000mg per bottle. If you are wanting a full spectrum oil, ask the provider directly if it is full spectrum or isolate. The images to the right represent their respective potency - one is 500mg CBD content and the other is 750mg CBD potency.If the price is comparably lower for a higher CBD content (over 750mg per bottle), there is a good chance the the product is a CBD isolate oil. For CBD isolate formulas, the range is typically higher up to roughly 3000mg per bottle. Potency can be verified in a COA for each product. For a full explanation of the difference between full spectrum and isolate CBD oil, see below.
4. SafetyFor first time buyers for CBD oil for sale, a common question is, “Will CBD oil make you high?” Most CBD Oil on the market meets U.S. FDA guidelines for federally legal product limit of less than .3% THC content. THC is the cannabinoid that has a psychoactive effect and can make you “high”. This low THC content for most CBD Oils will not make you high whatsoever. However, this trace amount of THC in many CBD oils can test positive in a drug test so be aware of this if you have to be drug tested. If so, we recommend you talk to your employer (or drug testing entity you are required to test with) or choose a zero THC product. Side effects and contraindications – The vast majority of people do not experience any adverse side effects from the use of CBD oil however it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before taking especially if you have existing prescriptions that you are using. According to this study, “the most commonly reported side effects were tiredness, diarrhea, and changes of appetite/weight.” Others may include dry mouth, lowered blood pressure, light headedness or drowsiness. There are not any definitive studies done for pregnant women so potential side effects are not given. One study suggests that Parkinson’s patients could experience an increase in tremors in higher doses however taken at normal dosage, Parkinson’s patients often experience a decrease in tremors and increased activities of daily living. It is best to start off with a low dose to see how your body reacts and then adjust dosage as needed up or down along with frequency. For example, it is best to start taking at a time of day you are not going to be working because for some people, it can have too much of a relaxing effect than you would want to have while working. This can be adjusted many times by simply taking a lower dose but you won’t know the right dosage until you try it. In rare cases when the dosage is too high, users can get what is called a “healing response” in which the CBD oil acts as a catalyst to rid the body of toxins. When this happens, people can get flu like symptoms including headaches, sinus issues, nausea, etc. as the body works to dispose of the toxic release. Simply lower the dosage until these symptoms subside if you experience a healing response.
5. Full Spectrum vs. Isolate and THC FreeFull Spectrum CBD oil for sale contains a number of beneficial cannabinoids in addition to CBD; all in their natural hemp oil state. These can include CBC, CBG, CBN, THC etc. CBD Isolate oil is CBD alone that has been extracted out of a full spectrum oil and then reintroduced to a CBD oil formula. CBD Isolate oil is typically a THC Free oil because the CBD has been isolate and the other cannabinoids including THC have been removed. Again, the way to be sure is to view a third party COA to determine the presence or non-presence of THC. Many people who are required to complete drug testing for employment or other reasons, often want to use a THC free oil so they don’t test positive on their drug test. If you are wanting to use a full spectrum oil (which will have trace amounts of CBD at a minimum), we recommend talking to your employer or other required entity before taking.
6. Extraction MethodThe main extraction methods used today are CO2, chemical alcohols such as ethanol and isopropyl alcohol and hydrocarbons (butane and propane). The main concern with each extraction method is to what extent there are any residual solvents left in the product after it is full processed. These solvents need to be removed so that they are not ingested when you take the CBD oil. Regardless of the extraction method, each has a process of removing these solvents and is adhered to by conscious and reputable providers. Many of the third party lab tests include a test for “residual solvents” so check the COA for that test to ensure you are getting a solvent free product (especially for the presence of butane and propane which have the capacity to be more toxic if present). See the COA above as an example.
Please Share to Help Others Too...
7. Third Party TestingThe best way to know what you are getting (and not getting) with CBD oil for sale is by verifying the purity and potency of the CBD oil product with 3rd party testing called a certificate of analysis or COA. Every legitimate provider will have COA’s available for review if you ask them and many are transparent and will post them on their website. Reviewing these 3rd party lab tests which are produced by independent labs not associated with the CBD oil provider can give you a sense of security knowing what is and what is not in the product you are reviewing. Above, we showed you what to look for in the COA with a live example to assess purity. To the left is an example of a 3rd party lab test with sections to look at the cannabinoid profile (what cannabinoids are present in the product) and in what potency.
8. GuaranteesTrying a natural health product can be a crap shoot. You really don’t know if it is going to work for you because everybody is different and reacts in their own way to products. And if you are like me, it can be quite disappointing to try a product, not have it work and be stuck with the tab. Most CBD Oil for sale does not come with a guarantee. However, two companies I have found that do offer guarantees are HempWorx (herein) which offers a 30 day money back guarantee and this company which offers a 90 day money back guarantee.
9. LegalitiesDisclaimer: These statements are not to be considered legal advice. We are not attorneys. Consult a professional legal advisor to make your decision on the legalities regarding the use of CBD products. In the U.S., it is generally considered legal by CBD Oil vendors and growers of hemp CBD products via the 2014 Federal Farm Bill to legally provide CBD oil products as long as the THC level is less than .3%. This Federal bill requires individual states to administer and regulate the cultivation and distribution of industrial hemp products so laws can vary by state. Further still, municipalities within each state can also have regulations in place for CBD oil. So if you have a concern about the legalities of the use of CBD oil in your area, be responsible and do your own research. These laws are frequently changing so keep abreast of any changes that are happening in your area. In Canada, at the time of this writing, a medical prescription is required to use CBD oil however national law is expected to legalize the use of CBD oil for all citizens without prescription by the summer of 2018. In Europe, laws vary per country so review the laws in your area if you have a concern. This resource provides a summary of CBD legalities per country for your reference. Again, do your own research to become aware of the legal basis in your area.
10. ReviewsCBD oil reviews are an important consideration when assessing CBD oil for sale. Reviews can come in the form of brief testimonials or full reviews with detailed accounts of a customer’s experience in their own words that are verifiable. Look for the latter. Reviews that are unsolicited from Facebook are ideal because the review gives a time and date stamp, a picture of the person, a verifiable post that you can see for yourself and it is unsolicited. The person providing the review is exposing themselves by putting their testimonial out in public to be scrutinized so the chances of it being an honest review is much higher. Note that companies selling CBD oil cannot legally make medical claims about how a product can treat a certain health. If a company is making medical claims directly without evidence, that is a red flag cause for concern because the company is overreaching their legal rights. It makes you wonder what else might they be misstating about their products?
11. PricingWhen comparing CBD Oil products for sale, there are 3 main determinants of price. 1. Potency – the higher the amount of CBD in mg, the higher the price. 2. Quality - Organic vs. Non-Organic – some organic provider’s pricing is as competitive as non-organic suppliers so this is not always a determinant of price. Those oils that are produced with a CO2 extraction method will tend to be higher because the cost of processing compared to solvent methods such as ethanol is higher. 3. Full spectrum vs. isolate – because the cost of producing CBD oil with isolate is cheaper than full spectrum oil, you will generally see pricing for “pure” CBD oil to be lower and with a higher CBD content. People are often confused by this and say “Brand B’s product has way higher CBD content so why is the pricing lower than Brand A?” As stated, the cost of production is lower to afford the isolated CBD content to be higher. Remember though that this higher CBD content does not mean “better” because it is an isolate and void of all the other cannabinoids and benefits of a full spectrum oil.
12. Where to BuyThe 2 broad choices for where to buy CBD oil for sale are online or offline. Buying online is like any online shopping in that you can quickly research a number of different products in the comfort of your own surroundings and have product shipped to you directly. This offers a great deal of convenience and time savings. Often there can be a cost savings as well by shopping online because providers can afford to sell their CBD Oil products at lower pricing because they do not have the overhead that retail establishments do. You also have the option of buying CBD oil in retail brick and mortar establishments either through a formal medical clinic or a variety of other retailers including dispensaries, natural health food stores, some vape shops, pet stores and so on. It can be hit or miss depending on state and local laws in your area to determine what retailers are available that carry CBD oil and whether they require a medical card/approval so you will need to do your own local research. That covers our Top 12 Considerations For Buying CBD Oil for Sale. We look forward to your comments and feedback.
Please Share to Help Others Too...
FDA Legal DisclaimerThese statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. HempWorx LLC assumes no responsibility for the improper use of and self-diagnosis and/or treatment using these products. Our products should not be confused with prescription medicine and they should not be used as a substitute for medically supervised therapy. If you suspect you suffer from clinical deficiencies, consult a licensed, qualified medical doctor. You must be at least 18 years old to visit our website and make product purchases. We do not make any health claims about our products at HempWorx LLC. Before taking our products, it’s wise to check with your physician or medical doctor. It is especially important for people who are: pregnant, chronically ill, elderly, under 18, taking prescription or over the counter medicines. None of the information on our website is intended to be an enticement to purchase and may not be construed as medical advice or instruction. The use of any of our products for any reason, other than to increase general health & wellness, is neither, implied nor advocated by HempWorx LLC